- To learn about the project management process, its life cycle and core skills required in project management
- To be able to skillfully map and analyse each stage in the project management life cycle through effective tools and techniques
- SWOT Analysis for Project Planning and Evaluation: exercise and case studies
What is Project management and why does it matter? If you know exactly what your goals are, how you are going to achieve them, what resources you will need and how long it will take you to reach that specific goal, then you are actually managing your project.
All projects need a structure and surely, the complexity and length of the project are equivalent to a more advanced and detailed project plan. The main goal of project management is to ensure the final success of a project. A project is successful once all objectives are followed on time and on budget and the client is pleased with the quality of the project.
The “project manager” is in charge of the planning and execution of a project and there are basic phases to be aware of the whole project management process.
Being able to plan them, to master, execute, monitor and complete them requires specific skills that can easily be implemented and developed as well as effective strategies and tools.
In this module, participants will be introduced to all these topics and will have the opportunity to explore and use a specific project planning and evaluation tool, the SWOT analysis.
Finally, case studies will help to gain a straightforward understanding of the Swot tool and relevant application within the project management process.
- Power point: explanation of the project management life cycle and core skills required in project management
- SWOT analysis case studies and articles
- SWOT analysis worksheet
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1.30 hours
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 5
- Assessments Yes